Toyota Yaris Cross Hybrid Launched In Indonesia. Toyota has unveiled the all-new Yaris Cross Hybrid SUV in ASEAN markets. In Indonesia, the business has developed a new B-Segment automobile that delivers greater flair and performance than the Toyota Raize, another SUV in the segment. In the Indonesian market, the Yaris Cross hybrid is capable of competing with the Hyundai Creta. The vehicle is based on the Daihatsu New Global Architecture (DNGA).
The SUV measures 4,310 mm long, 1,615 mm tall, and 1,770 mm wide, and has a 2,620 mm wheelbase. In terms of length and wheelbase, the car falls short of the Creta.
The car’s look and design language suggests that the new Yaris cross hybrid borrows influences from other Toyota models. The front design, with its forceful headlamps, wide grille, and fog lamps, was inspired by the Toyota Highlander.
Whereas the RAV4’s boxy wheel arches, greenhouse, taillights, and toned-down rear shoulders are similar.
The inside of the SUV has the following features:
- wireless charging pad
- powered driver’s seat
- 7-inch digital instrument cluster
- T in touch telematics
- electrically operated tailgate
- 10.1-inch free-standing display for the infotainment
- Electric parking brake (with auto brake hold)
- Panoramic sunroof
- Blind spot monitor with rear cross-traffic alert
- Ambient lighting
- passive safety system offering VSC, ABS, EBD
- Toyota Safety Sense suite of driver assistance technologies
- Wireless smartphone connectivity
- Powered tailgate
- Hands-free access
- 6 Airbags
The SUV is available with two engine options:
- Petrol – naturally aspirated 1.5-liter Dual VVT-i four-cylinder petrol with 105 horsepower and 138 Nm of torque connected to a CVT or 5-speed manual transmission that sends power to the front wheels.
- . Hybrid – a 1.5L 2NR-VEX naturally aspirated 4-cylinder engine providing 90hp and 121 Nm. The engine is coupled with an electric motor powered by a lithium-ion battery, producing 79 horsepower and 141 Newton meters of torque.
But keep in mind that the Yaris Cross hybrid is a full hybrid vehicle with enough power to drive the car in electric mode while the engine is turned off. What are your thoughts on the newly released vehicle? Please share your ideas in the comments section.